BOSTON–If you are planning to attend India Day celebrations at Boston City Hall Plaza this Sunday, here is your complete guide: commute, parking, food, schedule and cultural programs.
The India Association of Greater Boston (IAGB) cordially invites you to attend the event, which has been IAGB’s signature event for the last several decades and continues to remain close to the heart of the thousands of Indian-American families all over New England.
The celebration this year will take place on August 19th at the Boston City Hall Plaza. Event has FREE entry for all. This sprawling open venue boasts easy access to transportation via commuter and subway as well as easy access to local Boston attractions.
- 11:00 am: Event begins
- 11:30 am: Meditation and Yoga @ the Plaza
- 1:00 pm: Field Games ( (entry on the spot – includes Lemon Spoon, Balloon Throw, Musical Quandrant, Dum Lagake Haisha)
- 3:00 PM: Live Dhol Tasha Lezim Performance
- 3:05 PM: US and Indian National Anthems
- 3:10 PM: Cultural Performances (from classical to Bollywood and everything in between)
- Youth Excellence Awards
- IAGB Distinguished New Englander: Hall of Fame Awards
- 7:00 PM: Live Bhangra Performance
Commuting and Parking:
- Boston City Hall Plaza is accessible by public transportation on the T-Subway. Green Line – Government Center (opens on the plaza), Orange/Green Line – Haymarket, Orange Line – State Street station
- We have arranged discounted Event Parking Rate at State Street Garage. You can reserve your spot for $10 by purchasing ahead through this link: https://iagb.org/
- Note – you have to reserve your pass through this link, if you drive in directly, you will not receive the discounted rate. Additionally, you can look for free street parking (as it is a Sunday), Center Parking Garage (rate of $11) and Government Center Parking Garage. You can also reserve a space through apps like SpotHero.
Food & Exhibitors:
- One World Cuisine will be serving up delicious Indian food all day long. A huge variety of food will be available from Hyderabadi fare to street food to sumptuous desserts. Vendors and Exhibition booths will be ready by 11:30 am.
- Among other fun things, we will also have a India Day Photo Booth. Hope you all are ready to make some memories! IAGB T-shirts will also be available at a nominal price.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Look forward to seeing you all there!!
India Association of Greater Boston (IAGB) is the oldest and one of the leading Indian-American organizations in New England. It serves the Indian-American communities in the Greater Boston area – Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. IAGB strives to foster a strong Indian-American social, cultural and community presence in New England.