BOSTON–India Association of Greater Boston (IAGB) announced that it will celebrate India’s Independence Day on Aug 14 at the Hatch Shell Memorial in Boston. IAGB, which traditionally celebrates Independence Day as India Day, is also inviting prospective performers at the event.
This year’s theme will be “Fusion.” Performances may include, but will not be limited to, dance, music and theater, according to IAGB. Fusion performances could include a combination of any two or more styles of the selected rendition (e.g., Indian classical/jazz, folk/contemporary, etc.)
Here are the details for the performers’ participation in the program:
- Entries can be in the kids’ segment (ages 6 – 12) or the adults’ segment (ages 13 and above).
- Groups with 7-10 participants can perform for a maximum of 5 minutes, and those with more than 10 participants can perform for a maximum of 8 minutes.
- Solo performances are not permitted.
- All groups interested in participating must adhere to the theme.
- All entrants should submit a short video of their proposed performances for evaluation by the IAGB Cultural Committee (CC). Details on submission procedures will be shared soon. See key dates below:
o July 8 – Deadline for online submission of forms and links to YouTube videos for evaluation
o July 14 – IAGB CC will communicate selection of group
o July 30 – Deadline for payment of participation fees, if applicable
o August 7 – Groups to submit final MP3 of their performances to CC for Independence Day program
- CC will review all entries that are submitted prior to the deadline.
- If selected, there will be a participation fee for each performer. There is a participation fee of $15 per performer. Participation fee is waived for IAGB members. If you are not currently a member, you are strongly encouraged to sign up for membership at: http://www.iagb.org/index.php/pay-here/membership/. If you signed up for membership prior to or at Republic Day 2016, your participation fee should be covered. Please note that teams with incomplete participation payment will not be allowed to perform. Team Leads are requested to respond to us with confirmation of payment from their participants, should the team be selected for performance.
- Submissions with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be considered for review. The date and time of your submission on the will be automatically recorded.
- CC’s decision of the performing groups’ selection will be final.
- Please make a video of your item and upload it to YouTube. After you have uploaded the video, share the link with us using the submission procedures that will be communicated to you. Important: The video has to be a close representation of your intended performance on Independence Day 2016.
- Should your team be selected, additional details on next steps will be communicated at that time.