WORCESTER, MA–Editor’s note: A lot of activities are planned at ISW India Day on Saturday. Here is a guide on what to do. It is published here from ISW website.
There are so many things to do at India Day 16! The Cultural Program, Food, Kids Activities, Free Health Stop, Meena Bazaar and much more. Read this quick guide to help you get the most out of it
First things first – Make sure you have the date and time right !
Where – DCU Center, Worcester
Date – Saturday August 13, 2016
Time – 1:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Check out the Parade .. Parade of the states of India starts at 1:45 PM. You are welcome to join the parade, or watch and cheer . The participants will be wearing traditional attire, and celebrating local culture.
- Watch the cultural program We see a lot of bollywood numbers in cultural programs these days but for this India Day – we are going old school. Each state will have a segment where our community members, volunteers and regional organization partners will highlight the music, dances, culture and history of that state.
- Kids Zone. : The kids zone is managed by our young volunteers of the India Youth Group and is even bigger than last year. Lots of activities for the young ones and many with prizes. If you have older kids ( 13 – 18 year olds) introduce them to the IYG volunteers and they won’t help asking to get involved in the community ! Oh – did I mention the perennial favorite – Cotton Candy ? Check it out.
- Food : Feeling hungry ? Head on over to the far side of the hall to buy food tickets and sample the multi ethnic cuisine with featuring some foods that you rarely get to sample … We will have 3 major sections : Street foods, Northern Indian and Central Indian food. Drinks and desserts at all stalls.
- Meena Bazaar : With the kids happy and fed – you can check out the wares at the Meena Bazaar. Vendors with clothing, jewellery, and services, including many non-profits.
- State Booths Each of the participating states has a state booth where you can learn even more about the state and check out regional artifacts. Don’t forget to take selfies!
- Selfie Station Speaking of Selfies – there is now a dedicated selfie station with great backgrounds for taking pictures.
- Free Health Stop : Want a free health consult ? Just want to clarify a dietary question ? stop in at the health stop !
- Update your information ! We know you have lots to do at India day, but we would appreciate if you could stop by the ISW table and take 5 minutes to update your contact information.
- Provide feedback and thank a volunteer : A small army of dedicated volunteers has been working on this event since November! Throughout the arena – you’ll see banners with instructions on providing us feedback. Both positive and constructive feedback makes our day and we hope you will take another 60 seconds to give us your thoughts.
Where do I Park ?
Major Taylor Garage
30 Major Taylor Blvd. Worcester, MA 01608
Above Mezcal restaurant. Please take a ticket. Parking should cost $5.