BOSTON– TiE Boston, one of the region’s largest and oldest organizations supporting the Massachusetts entrepreneurial ecosystem and connecting entrepreneurs, executives, and venture capitalists, unveiled names of speakers and topics for Track-1 of its annual TiECON East conference.
Track-1 will focus on Cyber Security, Internet of Things and AI With Respect to 5G. INDIA New England News will bring info on other three tracks during upcoming weeks. The annual TiECON East conference, which is organized by TiE Boston and scheduled for Oct. 1, 2021 at the Westin Hotel in Waltham, MA, is the largest conference of and for entrepreneurs and business executives in the Northeast.
Major sponsors of the conference are Amazon, Microsoft, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Arent Fox, Converge, Sittercity, Innospark, Thread Research, Progress and Embark.
Details on Track-1:
IoT (Internet of Things)
In the past decade, there has been an explosion of connected devices forming the IoT, which has promised to transform entire industries via digital twins, preventative maintenance, and new data sets. And yet, the IoT isn’t as ubiquitous as we may think. Significant barriers to adoption persist. Hear from panelists at the forefront of deploying IoT systems at scale. Learn how they’re handling the technical challenges and justifying the RoI to these deployments.
From cities going offline and gas lines shutting down to data leaks and health system breaches – you have likely heard of the impact cyber has had across the public, private and social sectors. No industry has been immune to its effects, and it has only increased in importance over time. In fact, recent reports show that hackers attack a computer in the U.S. every 39 seconds. Given we are all dealing with new cyber-attacks every day from the dark web, our panel will focus on hearing from the experts on cyber who spend most of their waking hours (and nightmares) thinking about how to protect data, technology, processes and people from cyber risks. We will hear about how traditional cybersecurity models put “sand in the gears” of digital programs and enterprises.
ML in 5G
The intersection of AI and 5G is ripe with opportunity. As more data at higher volumes becomes accessible, entirely new AI use-cases, trends, and business models will emerge. In this session, we’ll explore the topics of 5G and AI, and discuss potential use-cases and business impacts. In addition, the panelists will discuss the potential business and ethical risks of these new applications.
Here is the list the speakers and moderators of Track-1:
- Moderator: Raghav Gupta, President – Butlr.io, Venture Partner – Hyperplane
- Shawn Harris, Senior Director, Global Strategy and Business Development at Turing.ai
- Hari Balakrishnan, Professor at MIT and CTO & Founder at Cambridge Mobile Telematics
- Mollie Breen, Founder & CEO at Perygee
- Moderator: Gayatri Shenai, Partner at McKinsey & Company
- Sravish Sridhar, Founder and CEO at Kintent
- Corey Thomas, CEO and Chairman at Rapid7
- Clarence Hinton, Chief Strategy Officer, Head of Corporate Development at CyberArk
- ML in 5G
- Moderator: Dan Fagella, Founder / CEO at Emerj
- Kaitki Agarwal, Founder, President and CTO at A5G Networks
- Natasha Engan, SVP Global Sales at Deltek
- Pete Dawson, Sr. Mgr Tech Dev and Strategy, T-Mobile.
For more information about TiECON East, please click here.
To buy ticket for the day-long conference, please click here.