BOSTON—India Association of Greater Boston, known as IAGB, is calling for nominations for four executive officers, including president and members of the Board of Directors for the year 2021-2023.
The 2-year term of the current executive committee, which is headed by President Sanjay Gowda, will expire by end of September 2021 and elections for new officers will be held in September.
The election will comprise four officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer; and up to 11 directors. Both officers and directors constitute the organization’s executive committee.
An Election Committee, comprising of senior IAGB members and ex-Presidents has been established to oversee the election process. Nominating Committee members are:
Mr. Ram Satyaprasad: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Amrit Soni: Amrit.email@example.com
Ms. Aditi Taylor: Adititaylor@gmail.com
According to the current by-laws, following is the eligibility criteria to be considered for candidates to the EC:
- Candidates must be current, valid members of IAGB;
- Candidates for President and Vice President shall have served on the Executive Committee of the Association for at least one full term prior to being elected.
- Candidates shall have been Voting Members of the Association for at least two contiguous years as of 15th of January of the year of the election.
- Candidates for Secretary, Treasurer and Director shall have been Voting Members of the Association for at least one year as of 15th of January of the year of election.
The nomination submission should include the following:
- Brief statement by the nominee candidate accepting the nomination and pledging to abide by the Bylaws of the Association.
- Brief bio of the candidate, with particular emphasis on his/her contributions to IAGB in the past, his/her vision for IAGB, and how the candidate expects to realize that vision;
- Details of his/her membership (Life/Annual, primary member name, date) · Package of SEVEN completed nomination forms (email nomination is acceptable also) from IAGB members nominating the individual for the selected position (Officer/Director) Nominations’ submission must be submitted no later than midnight of August 16, 2021 per the details provided below.
Nominations should be sent to:
Aditi Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanjay Gowda” (IAGB President 2019-2021: Sanjay.email@example.com.