BURLINGTON, MA—Saheli Boston, a community-based non-profit organization in Massachusetts with the mission to empower South Asian women to lead safe and healthy lives, is hosting its biennial fundraising event “Nirbhaya” on Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019, at Burlington Marriott Hotel in Burlington, MA.
In 2018 alone, Saheli provided 183 women and 300 children with counseling, legal, and financial assistance, and in many cases, shelter, and protection in the area.
While addressing the issue of domestic violence in the South Asian community, the event will be a fun evening filled with food, friends, and music as Saheli celebrates more than 23 years of service in New England.
The fundraising will be held at the Burlington Marriott Hotel, located at 1 Burlington Mall Road in Burlington, MA from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
To buy tickets or to donate to Saheli, please go to https://saheli-nirbhaya.eventbrite.com. Ticket prices are shown below. For information about Nirbhaya, sponsorship opportunities and group table purchases, please write to email@example.com
Saheli’s Tax ID # is: 03-0547972 for income tax purposes. All donations are tax deductible and receipts will be sent.
If your company matches charitable donations, please send an online form to the above address and Saheli will submit it. Thank you for your help.
Early bird ticket prices (until 11/1/2019):
Ticket type: Age 13+: Individual: $75
After 11/1/2019: $85
Table of 10: $700.
- $1,000 to provide 50 hours of Helpline support services to survivors of abuse
- $750 to provide 25 people group therapy and support
- $500 to provide educational assistance to 1 South Asian domestic violence survivor
- $250 to train one volunteer to become an agent of social change in the community
- $100 to buy 2 monthly subway tickets for a woman to obtain crucial services.