BOSTON–India Association of Greater Boston, known as IAGB, is inviting nominations for the prestigious “IAGB Community Youth Excellence” award. Anyone, including parents, friends and relatives, can nominate a student.
Students can also nominate themselves. The deadline is July 31, 2019.
IAGB will recognize a maximum of two students, who demonstrate extraordinary achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Community Service
- Arts and music
- Exceptional service of an altruistic nature for the greater good of the community
Eligible nominees must be rising junior or senior high school students of Indian origin, who reside and attend school in New England Area.
Submit nominations with the following required supporting documentation by July 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Student/school/town name, and student contact details (email, telephone number and address).
- A one-page essay in Microsoft Word on: “How I plan to use my skills and abilities to give back to the community selflessly?”
- List major achievements in detail, using separate pages for each area of achievement. Include any supporting documents such as images, videos, etc.
- If nomination is made by someone other than nominee, include the name of the nominating person and contact details.
The awardees will be notified via email and recognized at India Day Festival 2019 on Saturday, August 17 at City Hall Plaza, Boston. If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com. For more details on India Day Festival 2019 and sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.iagb.org
India Association of Greater Boston is the oldest and one of the leading Indian-American organizations in New England. It serves the Indian-American communities in the Greater Boston area – Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. IAGB strives to foster a strong Indian-American social, cultural and community presence in New England.