Bollywood Roundup: Irrfan Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Sonam Kapoor, and more…

0
499
Irrfan Khan (Photo: Facebook)

Irrfan Khan uncovers face, looks in pink of health

Mumbai– Actor Irrfan Khan, who had been keeping a low profile and maintaining a distance from the media by hiding his face behind a mask, finally faced the shutterbugs on Tuesday as he was spotted outside the airport here.

Irrfan Khan

Irrfan was spotted at Mumbai airport in the early hours of Tuesday. The lower half of his face was first covered with a black mask, but he later removed it for the paparazzi.

The “Piku” actor, who returned to India earlier this year after getting treated for neuroendocrine tumour at London, looked in the pink of health in a pink t-shirt which he teamed up with a floral print shirt and denim jeans.

“Irrfan was leaving for Rajasthan for personal work,” a source in the know told IANS.

There has been a buzz that Irrfan will soon start shooting for the sequel to his 2017 film “Hindi Medium”, opposite Kareena Kapoor Khan in London.

Producer’s job is more challenging: Madhuri Dixit

Mumbai– Actress Madhuri Dixit Nene who along with her husband Sriram Nene has made their debut as film producer with the Marathi movie “15 August”, says the job is tougher than acting.

Madhuri Dixit Nene

“As an actress, my job is quite easy. Once I am done with my performance in front of the camera and the shooting is over, I am done for the day. But as a producer, I am working every day till the film is completed, which includes three phases — pre-production, production and post-production. I would say the job of a producer is much (more) challenging.”

Having been associated with the business of cinema for several years, did Madhuri made suggestions in the process of film’s making? “We (my husband and I) were involved in the process, but did not interfere. I let it be,” she replied.

“I must say the constant challenges, new creative ventures and innovating new things drive me to keep at it. I want all of it — my dance, acting, film production to parenting my sons. I enjoy everything that I do,” said Madhuri.

Sonam Kapoor to share style secrets via web series

Mumbai– She has always raised the fashion bar with her sartorial sense, and now actress Sonam Kapoor Ahuja is set to unravel some of her style secrets in an upcoming web series.

Sonam Kapoor (Photo: Facebook)

Belgian chocolate ice cream brand Magnum on Tuesday came up with a MagnumXSonam collaboration announcement video, which sees the diva create intrigue about the upcoming style project.

Sonam said it is thrilling to endorse a brand which has a “hallmark for indulgence and style excellence”, and which “reflects exactly what inspires my style”.

“It’s no secret that I live and breathe fashion. It defines me in more ways than one and I believe in taking my style very seriously. With Magnum, I’m here to co-create a space that encourages fashionistas to make their own style rules and break free from stereotypes. Stay tuned for my upcoming style project that I’ve taken great pleasure curating,” Sonam said in a statement.

While fitness is a part of her daily routine, she said ice cream has always been her guilty pleasure.

Actor Mohan Babu sentenced in cheque bounce case

Hyderabad– A Hyderabad court on Tuesday sentenced veteran Telugu actor-producer M. Mohan Babu to one year imprisonment in a cheque bounce case.

The 23rd Metropolitan Special Court, which convicted Mohan Babu in the nine-year-old case, also directed him to pay Rs 40.75 lakh towards the defaulted amount. His production house Lakshmi Prasanna Pictures was also found guilty and the court imposed Rs 10,000 fine on it.

Well-known director Y.V.S. Chowdary had filed the case against the actor in 2010 after he allegedly failed to pay the amount.

Mohan Babu had issued a cheque for Rs 40.75 lakh to Chowdary towards the payment for movie “Saleem” released in 2009. However, the cheque bounced on account of insufficient funds.

As Mohan Babu failed to pay the amount, the director approached the court.

Ajay dodges query on Alok Nath’s #MeToo allegations

Mumbai– Actor Ajay Devgan on Tuesday refrained from commenting on the #MeToo allegations against his “De De Pyaar De” co-star Alok Nath, accused of rape by writer-director Vinta Nanda.

When producer Luv Ranjan’s comment was sought, Ajay intervened saying: “This is not the right place to talk about it. Jinki aap baat kar rahe hai woh film uske pehle complete hui (the film was complete before the allegations surfaced against the person).”

Ajay, who turned 50 on Tuesday, also received a lot of criticism on Twitter for not commenting on Alok’s presence in the movie.

“Shame on Ajay Devgn for defending Alok Nath. They could have given him the boot after allegations and FIR. I hate when celebs say ‘this is not the right platform to discuss’. Issues like this deserved to be discussed on every platform,” said one social media user.

“What the hell is Alok Nath doing here in this film. Ajay, you promised to never work with #MeToo alleged person, now what’s this,” remarked a fan. (IANS)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here