Can’t wait to see Sophie Turner as bride: Priyanka Chopra
Mumbai– Actress-producer Priyanka Chopra on Sophie Turner’s 23rd birthday, said that she cannot wait to see the “Game of Thrones” star as a bride.
Priyanka, who is married to pop singer Nick Jonas, on Friday posted a black and white photograph of Turner along with her singer-beau Joe Jonas.
The “Isn’t It Romantic” actress described Turner as the “most beautiful” and a “fun” person as she captioned the image: “Happy birthday Sophie you are loved! I can’t wait to see you as a bride. You will be stunning! Have a brilliant year love. ‘J sisters forever’. Joe Jonas you are the most thoughtful! Last night was epic.”
Joe proposed to Turner in 2017. The two will reportedly tie the knot this summer in a romantic French setting.
Priyanka and Nick got married last year in November at the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Rajasthan. Turner and Joe too were seen attending the wedding and the receptions held in the country.
Aaliya Siddiqui’s next film titled ‘Holy Cow’
Mumbai– Aaliya Siddiqui, actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s wife, is set to produce a film titled “Holy Cow”, with a cow playing the central character.
Aaliya said in a statement: “‘Holy Cow’ is a satire of today’s times with the sensibility of serious cinema. It is directed by Sai Kabir, known for his work in ‘Revolver Rani’, ‘Kismat Konnection’ and ‘The Shaukeens’ among others.”
Kabir said it is a “female-oriented” film.
“The heroine of my movie is a cow,” he added.
Shooting for the film will begin in Madhya Pradesh soon, read the statement.
Aaliya’s first film to be announced was “Teejan Bai”, a film based on the life of Pandavani exponent Teejan Bai.
Keith Sequeira returns to anchoring
Mumbai– Actor-model Keith Sequeira is back to sports anchoring after five years.
He will be seen anchoring a show for the Australia tour of India, 2019, starting from Sunday.
“I have always been passionate about sports. In fact, I have done cricket anchoring earlier in my career. When the biggest aggregator in the digital space comes to you with something you love so much, there’s no way of turning it down,” Keith said in a statement.
“I’m looking forward to getting back into the anchoring zone as the spontaneity, the connect one creates with everyone around them is something I personally love,” he added.
Keith will be seen in the studio with stalwarts like former Indian cricketer Ashish Nehra and former Australian cricketer Michael Clarke.
The former “Bigg Boss” contestant had last done anchoring for the 2014 FIFA World Cup show in India.
Enough is enough, says Vidya Balan on Pakistani artiste ban
Mumbai– With the Hindi film industry condemning the Pulwana terror attack and not releasing films in Pakistan besides banning all Pakistani artistes from working in India, National award-winning actress Vidya Balan on Friday said a strong stand needs to be taken this time.
“Though I have always believed that art should be kept away from all boundaries and politics, I think we have to take a stand now. Enough is enough,” Vidya told the media at the launch of her debut radio show “Dhun Badal Ke Toh Dekho.”
In the worst-ever terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir since militancy erupted in 1989, a suicide bomber on February 14 rammed his SUV packed with explosives into a CRPF bus in Pulwama district, killing at least 40 troopers. Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed later claimed responsibility for the attack.
When asked if art should be kept away from politics, the “Tumhari Sulu” actress said, “As an individual I believe that there is no better way to bring people together than arts, be it music, poetry, dance, theatre, cinema or any other art form. But this time I think we should just take a break from this practice and see what can be done for the future. As I said, some tough calls have to be taken at some point.”
A host of Bollywood actors, including Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, Ajay Devgan and Vicky Kaushal, among others, have condemned the Pulwama attack.
The film “Total Dhamaala” directed by Indra Kumar too did not release in Pakistan for the same reason.
Srijit adamant on making film on Bose despite criticism
Kolkata– After being criticized by Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s grand nephew Chandra Kumar Bose over his upcoming film “Gumnami”, filmmaker Srijit Mukherjee said he will make the movie even if he is sent to jail.
A man who led the life of a reclusive Hindu saint in Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh in the 1970s/80s came to be known as “Gumnami Baba”. Those who met him claimed he was none other than Netaji Bose, whose reported death in a plane crash in 1945 has been doubted by many.
Bose’s family members termed that it was a “criminal offence” to term ‘Gumnami Baba’ as Netaji in disguise without any documentary or photographic evidence.
But an unfazed Mukherjee wrote on Twitter: “To answer your threat to gag me, (Chandra Kumar) Bose, I will stay in my country and make this film. If you drag me to court, I will borrow production design ideas from the court setting and make this film. If you put me in jail, I will write a few more drafts of the script, fine-tune it and make this film.”
On Thursday, Bose, who is with the BJP, criticized director Mukherjee, who is making the film titled “Gumnami” for allegedly claiming in an interview that his upcoming movie will portray Bose as the “penniless recluse”.
Bose said: “I want to know who are the people supporting this distortion and who are funding Mission Netaji to spread such falsehood to taint and derogate Netaji’s image? Who are these traitors? We appeal to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to start an inquiry by the IB.”
The National Award-winning filmmaker wrote on his Twitter handle that Chandra Kumar Bose had “threatened to make me leave India” if he showed that “Gumnami Baba could have been Netaji”.
He added that there needed to be more “questions, discussions regarding Netaji’s final days”.
Mukherjee added that a large section of the Bose family believes in a number of theories, including the one on Gumnami Baba. (IANS)