WASHINGTON –The Indian American Impact Fund (“Impact Fund”) announced a new list of “Frontline Candidates,” talented Indian American women and men running for office in some of the most competitive districts across the country.
- Chintan Desai, U.S. House (AR-01)
- Sanjay Patel, US. House (FL-08)
- R.K. Sandill, Texas Supreme Court
- Gayatri Agnew, Arkansas State House, District 93
- Poonam Gill, Indiana State House, District 88
- Aisha Yaqoob, Georgia State House, District 97
- Shalini Gagliardi, Morris County Clerk (New Jersey)
- Juli Mathew, Fort Bend County Court at Law No. 3 (Texas)
- Pavan Parikh, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas (Ohio)
- Zahra Suratwala, DuPage County Board, District 1 (Illinois)
“These candidates are fighting for our community’s values in some of the toughest terrain across the country,” said Deepak Raj, co-founder of Impact and chair of the Impact Fund, adding “That kind of commitment deserves our attention and respect, and that is why we established this new designation to raise their visibility among strategists, donors, and volunteers nationwide.”
“As a former candidate and elected official, I know firsthand the hard work, dedication, and commitment it takes to run for office,” said Raj Goyle, co-founder of Impact and a former member of the Kansas House of Representatives. “We are so grateful that these courageous candidates have stepped up to lead and will be watching these races closely on Election Day.”
A political action committee, Impact Fund works with experienced operatives, campaign strategists, and donors to endorse candidates based on their viability and commitment to advocating for the needs and values of the Indian American community. A full list of Impact Fund’s endorsed candidates can be found at www.iaimpact.org.