BURLINGTON, MA—There is a lot of excitement in the community about Sunday’s general body meeting of the India Association of Greater Boston (IAGB) and voting for the elections. If you plan to attend the meeting as an observer, curious watcher or interested in voting, here are a few guidelines on who can attend the meeting and who vote.
This information is compiled from public information or provided to INDIA New England News or a combination of both.
The meeting is divided into two parts: first, IAGB will hold its General Body Meeting where IAGB President Jaya Voruganti will provide an overview of her two-year term, Secretary Avinash Patil and Treasurer Sanjay Gowda will present their respective reports. This will be followed by a question and answer session.
Who will be allowed to attend the first part of the general body meeting?
- Only vote eligible members plus members who became after Aug. 31, 2017.
- Members whose membership expired on Aug 31st, 2017 or prior are not admitted.
The second half of the meeting will hold elections for the IAGB executive Committee and officers for a two year-term.
Who can attend the second part of the meeting? Only vote eligible members are allowed for second half election part of the meeting.
Who are the vote eligible members? Only those who were IAGB members on August 31, 2017 and renewed their membership on or before September 8, 2017.
Here is the full agenda for the IAGB meeting:
1. Admission of eligible IAGB member starts – 1:00 PM
2. Welcome – 1:30 PM – Jayashree Voruganti
3. State of IAGB 2015 – 2017
a. Summary of activities – Jayashree Voruganti
b. Secretary’s Report – Avinash Patil
c. Treasurer’s Report – Sanjay Gowda
d. Conclusion and Recommendations – Jayashree Voruganti
e. Question/Answers – All
3. Recess: 2:30 – 3:15 PM: Clear Hall
4. Admission of eligible voting member starts –3:15 PM
5. Welcome and Introduction of Nominating Committee Members– Jayashree Voruganti
6. Hand over to Nominating Committee – 3:30 PM
7. Candidate Introductions and speeches – 3:30 PM – 3:50 PM
8. Conduct elections: 3:50 PM – 5:30 PM
9. Announce winners
10. Adjourn – 6:00 PM.