BOSTON—The India Association of Greater Boston, known as IAGB, is getting ready to celebrate India’s 70th Independence Day at Hatch Shell in Boston on Sunday, 20th of August, 2017, and is calling for entries for performances at the program.
“The theme for the celebration this year is ‘Unity in Diversity’,” IAGB said in a statement. “To that end, we are calling for entries for performances showcasing the culture of one of the states from India. You could present a music, dance, recorded skit performance.”
Entries can be in the kids’ segment (ages 6 – 12) or the adults’ segment (ages 13 and above). Please see below for detailed rules.
- All entrants should submit a short video of their proposed performances for evaluation by the IAGB Cultural Committee (CC). See key dates below:
- Groups with 7-10 participants can perform for a maximum of 5 minutes, and those with more than 10 participants can perform for a maximum of 8 minutes.
- Solo performances are not permitted.
- All groups interested in participating must adhere to the theme.
- IAGB CC will review all entries that are submitted prior to the deadline.
- If selected, there will be a participation fee for each performer. Fee is $20 per performer. Participation fee is waived for IAGB members. If you are not currently a member, you are strongly encouraged to sign up for membership at:www.iagb.org/membership
- Please note that teams with incomplete participation payment will not be allowed to perform. Team Leads are requested to respond to us with confirmation of payment from their participants, should the team be selected for performance.
- Submissions with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be considered for review. The date and time of your submission on the will be automatically recorded.
- CC’s decision of the performing groups’ selection will be final.
- Props that would require clean-up of the performance area before the next act are not permitted.
- Groups are requested to declare in their submission any props they intend to use. Props need approval from the CC beforehand.
- Should your team be selected, additional details on next steps will be communicated at that time.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact IAGB Cultural team at firstname.lastname@example.org .