New Delhi–As the hot and scorching summer is right at the doorstep, instances of diverse skin problems are faced by one and all. To counteract this problem, one can try some Do It Yourself (DIY) remedies.
Vivek Mehta, Dermatologist at Pulastya’s Cadle Skin Laser Clinic shared few tips to take care that one can use to make your skin look healthy during summer.
* Gram flour: Gram flour is a very helpful ingredient in treating sun tan, brown spots and sunburns because it removes the dead skin cells and leaves the skin flawless. Mix water into the gram flour and apply the mixture on the affected areas. Leave the solution for 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply this mixture twice a week for great results.
* Lemon juice: Citrus rich lemon is a wonderful home remedy for sun tan because of its bleaching properties. You can apply lemon juice by mixing it with honey or Gram Flour on the tanned skin and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes before washing off the face.
* Coconut water and sandalwood pack: Sandalwood has great cleansing properties, whereas, coconut water is widely known for a glowing skin. Mix coconut water with one tablespoon of sandalwood powder to make a thick mixture and apply it all over the face. Washes it off after 20 minutes. This is a perfect cure for tanned skin.
* Milk and turmeric: Take half cup of milk and add a pinch of turmeric in it. Apply the mixture on your face and wait till gets dry. Use this solution on daily basis for exceptional results.
* Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera is rich with cooling properties. Use the gel of Aloe Vera on the sunburned skin and other parts of the body to give our skin a natural shield from the sunburn.
* Papaya and honey pack: Honey is the best ingredient to soften the skin, on the other hand, papaya is even better ingredient to protect the skin from sun exposure. Make a mixture, take half cup of mashed papaya, add one tablespoon of honey in it and apply the mixture all over the face, after 30 minutes wash your face. You will experience smooth and soothing results.
* Cucumber, rose water and lemon juice pack: The cucumber juice and rose water work as a cooling means for soothing the brown and red-spotted skin. To use these effectively, take one tablespoon of cucumber juice, lemon juice, and rose water and stir it well in a bowl. Use this solution on all over the face and wash it off with cold water after 10 minutes. This helps to turn your skin hale and healthy. (IANS)