Shrewsbury, MA –The Board of Library Trustees of the Shrewsbury Public Library are pleased to announce that donations from private citizens, community groups and businesses have once again assured that the library will be open on Sundays from October through May. Shrewsbury has one of highest populations of Indian-Americans in Massachusetts.
Library Director Ellen Dolan reports that this season’s funding was completed much earlier than past years, and noted that great enthusiasm around that remodeled and expended building may have played a part securing that funding so early in the year.
With full funding in place, the library will be open on Sunday afternoons from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. through May 21 2017. Sunday afternoons have become a popular day for library use, with people of all ages visiting for work, study, meeting and enjoyment.
The library wishes to acknowledge all of the 2017 Season Sunday Sponsors:
- Dr. B. Dale & Mrs. Melanie Magee
2 Sundays each:
- Dean Park Grill and Pizza, owner Mr. Christo Baltas
- Rotary Club of Shrewsbury
- Olive and Anthony A. Borgatti Jr. Donor Advised Fund of GWCF
- Susan Duncan
One Sunday each:
- Matt & Laurie Hogan
- Central One Federal Credit Union
- Carmela Heedles, in Memory of James A. Heedles
- Katherine Canney, In Memory of Joseph Canney,
- David and Kathleen Rocheleau
- Mary Ellen Killelea, in Memory of Richard M. Goldrosen
- Shrewsbury Garden Club, in Honor of Earth Day
- Cathy Cooper
- Jay Somers, in honor of wife Backie Somers Birthday
- Jean and Henry Fitzgerald
- Jeffrey & Priscilla Billingham
- Daniels Insurance Agency
- Zak & Susan Cramer, in honor of Allen and Natalie Cramer
- In Memory of Elizabeth Woodring, from Pat Silvestri
- Don Harbert
- Four anonymous donors.