BOSTON—Here is your planning guide to help you make the most of the IAGB India Day celebrations at Hatch Shell in Boston on Sunday, Aug. 14. This check sheet is written by Syed Ali Rizvi, one of the directors of the India Association of Greater Boston, known as IAGB.
Each year, it is estimated that there are between 9,000 and 13,000 people who enjoy the program. IAGB is one of the oldest and most prominent organizations serving the needs of the Indian Americans in the Greater Boston area. This is a very family oriented event so bring all your friends and everyone in the family.
- Location: HATCHSHELL, at the Boston Esplanade- The most prominent location in the Boston area. (After the US Independence day celebrations, ours might be the biggest event).
- What: 69TH ANNIVERSARY OF INDIA’S INDEPENDENCE DAY
- When: 14th August 2016 between 4 pm and 8 pm.
- Arrival: Give ample time (say 30 minutes) to yourself and family or kids travelling with you to park and go through security checks.
- What to bring and what to avoid: Check details here; http://hatchshell.com/restrictions.php
- You can use public transport (train to Charles) and walk from there or park at the Boston Commons or other nearby parking lots.
- There are nearly 23 fabulous dance performances (Bollywood and non-Bollywood, classical and western, folk to filmy and everything in between) by area dancers and renowned choreographers and dance schools.
- Food: Plenty of food available for sale by One World Cuisine. There are hundreds of choices being served from many stalls to make a delightful culinary experience.
- Shopping: There are many vendors who will have the latest in style and best of clothing for formal or informal gatherings – suits, sarees, lehangas, chunris, kurtis and kurtas, ornaments, costume jewelry & accessories, henna applications and a whole lot more at very competitive prices.
- Services: Professional service offerors from tutors to schools to Insurance and banking will be on hand to offer the best in the industry.
- Connect with our volunteers at the IAGB table to become a member, or register for our events and to join the silent auction for winning two round trip tickets to India or anywhere in the world where Qatar Airlines flies.
- Get free health screenings, dental screening and FLU Shots. Please go to IMANE booth and get the much needed Flu Shot.