Mumbai– Bollywood superstar Salman Khan on Thursday skipped appearing before the Maharashtra State Commission for Women (MSCW) and has been summoned again on July 14, a top official said here.
At the scheduled hearing on Thursday where Salman or his lawyer was directed to submit an affidavit explaining his recent ‘rape remarks’, the actor provided the same reason as last time, urging the MSCW not to hear the matter to avoid duplication since it was being heard even by National Commission of Women.
“We can summon a person thrice and now he has been summoned to appear before us on July 14,” MSCW Chairperson Vijaya Rahatkar told mediapersons.
However, on Friday the actor has a date with the NCW in New Delhi and it remains to be seen whether he responds to its summons.
Salman has been served summon by both MSCW and NCW to explain his recent ‘rape remarks’ which kicked up a controversy ahead of his latest mega-hit film “Sultan”, which hit the screens on Wednesday.
He has bypassed two hearings at MSCW – on June 29 and July 7 – citing grounds of duplication as even the NCW has sought his explanation on the same issue.
At the previous date on June 29, Salman’s lawyer submitted a letter to the MSCW urging that since the matter is before the NCW, it should not be continued with MSCW to avoid duplication.
“We have concurrent powers just the way the NCW has. This matter can be heard at the state level too. Therefore, his version is invalid,” Rahatkar said then, flatly rejecting his plea.
The 50-year-old was issued a notice for his “raped woman” remark.
During a group media interaction last week, Salman said that he “felt like a raped woman” after shooting for a gruelling wrestling sequence for “Sultan”. (IANS)