New Delhi– Applying sesame oil on face helps to prevent ultraviolent rays of the sun from damaging skin, says an expert.
Ssidharth Goel, Director, KNG AGRO Food, and Amardeep Sachdeva, Dietician, KNG AGRO Food, have shared a few skin advantages of using sesame oil:
* Avoids and heals sunburns: Frequent application of sesame oil on face helps preventing the ultraviolent rays of the sun from damaging the skin. It also helps to prevent skin cancer. Sesame oil can also treat sunburns and is a natural barrier protecting your skin from smoke and pollutants in the air.
* Good for baby’s skin: Rashes on the baby’s skin could be prevented and it can also prevent the dryness of the skin.
* Treatment for cracked heels: Rub sesame seed oil into your heels every night before going to bed, then put on cotton socks that you do not mind getting stained. Within a couple of days you should notice softer feet.
* Banishes skin blemishes: Sesame seed oil has inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties which are helpful in clearing up existing pimples and preventing the development of blackheads.
* Improves circulation: As compared to other oils, sesame oil is much thicker. This property allows it to seep down into your pores when you massage it over the skin and is beneficial in two main ways: First, the oil’s nutrients start to work from the inside out as well as on the surface of the skin. Secondly, sesame oil can improve your circulation.
* Contains skin nutrients: Sesame oil contains fatty acids, such as oleic, palmitic, stearic and linoleic acid, are effective moisturisers that keep skin soft. It also contains Vitamin A and C which are effective at reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
* Reduces the appearance of scars: The Vitamin E content makes it a good treatment for cuts and wounds.
* Treats dry and flaky scalp: The vitamins, nutrients and minerals in sesame seed oil, along with its anti-fungal properties, make an excellent treatment for a dry and flaky scalp. (IANS)