Following are the highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech at the inauguration of ‘Make in India Week’ in Mumbai on Saturday.
* India is open country to FDI; FDI flows have gone up by 48 percent since our government took office.
* Don’t wait. Don’t Relax. There are immense opportunities in India.
* Manufacturing growth is expected to be 12.6 percent this quarter, compared to 1 percent at the time of #MakeInIndia launch.
* Today’s India is a four dimensional India. India blessed with three Ds: Democracy + Demography + Demand. The fourth D is Deregulation.
* This year we will record highest-ever coal production.
* Please see for yourself the direction India is taking. #MakeinIndia has become a big brand both within and outside India.
* Come make India your work place. This is the best time ever to be in India and it is even better to #MakeInIndia.
* #MakeinIndia week is an opportunity to take stock of how we have performed and the road ahead to get the world to invest in India.
* There is an all round emphasis on ‘Ease of doing business’.
* Want to make India a global manufacturing hub.
* #MakeinIndia campaign has the capacity to boost the Indian economy and brighten the global scenario.
* Make India your centre if your want this century to be your century.
* We want our young generation to be job creators, not job seekers.
* ‘Make in India’ will be the biggest brand India has ever created.
* This is the biggest multi-sectoral exhibition/event that India has ever done.